How many times have you prayed and prayed for something and then…it comes true. And you just feel…a bit unfulfilled. Or I freak out and push it away. Or I decide that it’s not what I really want. Or maybe I realize that I didn’t ask for what I really wanted and so *shrug* whatever. What’s up with that?
I know for me, this has happened more than once and it’s frustrating and confusing. I thought I really wanted that thing! And now I’m freaked out. That’s why a few years ago I decided to dig deeper and actually learn how to fully receive what I’ve asked for. One of the missing pieces is: I had to let it impact me.
What? What do you mean Briana? I have to let it impact me?
A major reason you should learn how to receive with joy? Because you and the Universe know whether that was the right thing. And you know what to ask for next! In other words, that’s how the universe becomes more inclined to send amazing things your way.
My personal tip for receiving things with ease is to let them impact you. To really feel the impact they have when you receive them.
Feel what you’re receiving with your whole heart and sit with it.
- How does it make you feel?
- Is it everything you imagined?
- What can you do to use this new gift to its full potential?
- Is the impact it’s making as strong as you thought it would be? What can you learn from this?
- Thank the Universe for delivering this gift into your life. Be grateful about the bits that worked. And if it isn’t quite right, that’s ok! You have more chances to get it right!
EXERCISE: I suggest you journal through these questions to really think through them thoroughly.
It’s crucial that during this process you don’t fall into these common pitfalls:
- Thinking about the next thing you desire right off the bat. Really take the time to appreciate what you’ve received (no matter how it came to you!) and sit with that. (Originally this one said “be grateful for what you were given” but really we co-create with the universe.
- You’re nonchalant about receiving it. When you get the gift you’ve been asking for, you should feel thankful and know that the Universe was listening. Don’t think that it’s just a coincidence, that it wasn’t really meant for you, or so on and so forth.
- Get Entitled or Feel Smug. Often, people begin to think that once they’ve received their gift, they’re on top of the world and that nothing bad can ever happen to them. I’m here to say: It’s a trap! Don’t fall into it. Being entitled actually repels having more. It’s a trap that we fall into when we actually believe that we just got more than we deserve.
- Don’t self sabotage.It’s common to self sabotage once you get something you’ve been wanting for a long time. Often we fall into the trap of believing that maybe we don’t deserve it. Know that you are in co-creation with the universe and this is proof that you have power in the world. Use this moment to feel empowered, not scared.
- Have Expectations. This is a tricky one because faith is an important part of getting what you want. Don’t begin to expect anything once you receive your blessing– just let what comes come and know that ultimately, you are ok, right now. Expectations go a long with feeling smug. Faith is about resting in the knowing that all is well and right with the world.
Ready to expand? Simply stay open when it comes to you and let the journey unfold knowing that the Universe is supporting you.
Tell us in the comments: I want to know: What’s one thing you’re calling into your life right now? Or what is one thing you learned from this post!