Sales Tax: Do you sell things?

Written by Briana Cavanaugh

September 17, 2008

If you sell things, generally you need to collect sales tax.  In California you’ll need to talk to the Franchise Tax Board.  They have a customer service site, that’s being fairly useful, though not great. The link to information on getting a permit is here.

The site tells you about the documents you need. You can send your application in the mail or you can go in to the office to do the filing.

My experience is that many government offices, especially around taxes are fairly nice, helpful people who are willing to show you what you need and explain the process. 


7 Ways Your Bookkeeper Can Help You Get – and Stay – Profitable.

Your Bookkeeper CAN Help You Make—and Keep—More Money. It’s not as hard a you think. And we can even put the processes in place for you. Sign up to get more details!

You May Also Like…


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


To Get- and Stay- Profitable!

The easy step-by-step guide to understanding profitability!

Step by step profitability tools
Straight forward (and loving) advice from a leading expert in the industry!

Get your money working for you
Instead of you working for your money. Let's get you off the hamster wheel!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

77 Money Leaks And How to Fix Them Right Now

You have Successfully Subscribed!